138 rue de bonheur

Everything Happens for a Reason

A Day in the Life

With the Absence of a clock on the wall, I had to guess it was about 7 or 8 PM. I was hungry, tired but comfortable, no pain. I was told I was on the waiting list to go down to where they do the Catheterizing. Golly, I guess a lot of us people were having the same thing I was having. Have you ever notice that anywhere you have to wait they purposely do not hang a clock on the wall. Airports, Doctor’s and  Dentists waiting room, Hospitals, Restaurant waiting areas. Anyway, I was attended by several Nurses who always asked about my well being then proceed to stick me with some sort of sharp device. I was in a room with about two other men who also were suffering from post Heart Attack symptoms, one who I guess was a heavy smoker as he coughed and coughed all the time and moan, Geez, did he moan.  Kay stayed with me till about 10:00PM and then left to go home and said she be back in the Morning. She said that my Daughter Alisa and Tim were driving in from Chicago and would be here with her in the Morning. Needless to say that after the lights were dimmed for the night, sleeping was not to be accomplished with the coughing and moaning from the one Fellow next to me. Also, Members of the Hospitals Satanic Group, better known as the “Lab People” would sneak in while your just about to doze off, Flick on that massive Florescent Light over your bed and announce that they need some Blood to help starve off starvation that ran rampant down in the Lab. They did this several times a night both to me and the other two Gentlemen in the room. Never the less, I did manage to get a couple of hours sleep that first night.

Morning brought Kay and my Daughter Alisa and Husband Tim to me along with our Pastor from Church, Marshall. I was informed that I would forgo breakfast as I was scheduled for Catheterization that day when ever there was an opening as mine was not an Emergency as the clot in my Heart had been dissolved my the medication given to me earlier, so when the opportunity arises, I’ll be rushed down there for the procedure. I’m Starving!!!!! The head Nurse promised me that right after I come back from the procedure that she’ll bring me a Ham Sandwich on Rye with a big Kosher Pickle. I was also told I’d be there at least till Sunday depending on my progress of recovery.  Hell, I’m ready to go home now.

It was about 2:00PM when the Nurse came in and told me they were going to send me down to the Operating Room soon and I should Pee now if I can. I’ve never been able to Pee on Cue. It’s something one must mentally prepare for and then after some Mental and Physical relaxation, Pee! When they came for me I had to transfer over to a cart and these huge  Male Nurses picked me up and lifted me onto a cold hard cart to be wheeled to my next destination. Every one grabbed my hand and said be strong, Love You, We’ll be waiting for you outside the OR, What, this not going to be life threatening, it’s a procedure done every day, don’t scare me like that!  As I was being wheeled down numerous hallways, I kept hearing this reoccurring them from the beguining of the “James Bond” movies. I was going to be all right. It’s an Adventure. I love Adventures. Lets go, Lets get it over with.

Next: Hey, Be careful down there!


Single Post Navigation

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: